Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/writerresponse/writerresponsetheory.org/wordpress/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php on line 76
Mark C. Marino is a Ph.D. from UC Riverside, studying chatbots, electronic literature, games, and other new media. His dissertation, I, Chatbot: The Gender and Race Performativity of Conversational Agents, focuses on chatbots and issues of performativity.
He blogs about elit here on Writer Response Theory (http://writerresponsetheoy.org/) and Critical Code Studies (http://criticalcodestudies.com/). He is also the editor of Bunk Magazine (http://www.bunkmag.com/), an online new media humor magazine.
He has published articles in James Joyce Quarterly and electronic book review. His creative new media works have appeared in The Iowa Review Web, Hypperhiz, and The New River Journal.
Mark is the Director of Communication for the Electronic Literature Organization. He currently teaches writing at the University of Southern California.
Note: See full Porfolio and Resume at USC faculty site here.
Mark’s YouTube Channel
- Los Wikiless Timespedia: A wiki satire of the Los Angeles Times and media evolutions.
- Marginalia in the Library of Babel: A metafiction written in annotations.
- a show of hands: (in-progress) an adaptive hypertext novel written on Literatronic.
- Stravinsky’s Muse: a hypertext story published in the Iowa Review Web.
- 12 Easy Lessons to Better Time Travel:
A hypermedia novela about a boy and time.
- Labyrinth: The Rulebook without Game: a hypermedia ludic extravaganza of puzzling puzzles, featured in the Notre Dame Review.
- Grand Thieves Audio Modologues: A series of .mp3s for use in hijacking the audio of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- 22 Short Films about Grammar: A set of edutainment vignettes created using Lionhead Studios’ video game The Movies.
- Barthes’ Bachelorette: Chatbots available for dating, who are looking for the right man or woman.
- Lumperica Animado: a hypermedia adaptation of a portion of Chilean poet Diamela Eltit’s Lumperica, featured in the Iowa Review Web.
- The Supreme Commanbear DVD Extras: The bonus features for a film that may never be made.